Tuesday, June 17, 2008

'It's my time to discover'

Beth Orton 'Feel to Believe'
6/8/2008 12.12 am
And so it begins...well technically it began yesterday since it's 12.12 am. My flight to Philly got delayed because of fog in Philly, but that meant almost everyone got delayed. I got to check in on time though. The first person I met was Patrick and I felt like I overpacked. He only had one large camping pack on his back and his carry on. I had a carry on and two 40 pound suitcases with wheels that didn't work. I'm not even out of the airport and I feel out of place. Patrick is really nice though, he's a documentary film maker from Austin Texas.

I got to the Holiday Inn and we did our check in and started making new friends. We only had a few meetings and then they put money in our pockets and let us loose for dinner. We had a good time and all seemed pretty excited. It was nice to talk to people who have spent the past year preparing for the same thing. There are 35 of us total, all teachers in either science, math, ict, or art.

I shaved my head tonight. Even though it's not much different it will take some getting used to. I'm used to a mound of hair on my head, so now that it's gone my head looks flat. It feels good though.

No comments: